Welcome

How To Improve As A Runner ?

There are lots of aspects to improving your body for whatever sport you’re in and running is no exception. Yet, just because there’s a lot to it it doesn’t mean it’s complicated. Do you want to run faster, go for longer and feel better all round? Then you have to implement the proper training and diet.

Training is the easiest area. As long as you make rest, consistency and hard work your close friends then everything will be fine. Don’t overdo your runs otherwise you’ll feel sluggish and tired all the time. Rest and recovery will make all the difference between hitting a new personal record and giving up half way through. Aim for 8 hours sleep every night and leave at least a day of rest between each run. When you progress your distance go slowly with one km at a time. It doesn’t seem like much but if you push it too much all you’ll do is wear yourself out and become disappointed.

Diet is slightly harder. You need to get in enough calories so that your body can repair itself but you also don’t want to overdo it and take on excess body fat. To find your BMR (basal metabolic rate), multiply your bodyweight in pounds by 17. This should give you a number of calories you need to eat each day. On days that you run eat an extra 300-500 calories depending on the intensity. These extra calories will go towards making you stronger, faster and well recovered for your next run.

In terms of the type of food to eat you need to aim for the healthy varieties. Here are some suggestions for each macronutrient:

Carbohydrates: potatoes (sweet or white), basmati rice, whole wheat bread (if tolerated), starchy vegetables, fruit.

Protein: beef, fish, chicken, turkey, egg (white and yolk), dairy, whey protein.

Fats: nuts, seeds, egg yolks, oily fish, cocoa, avocados, olives, olive oil.

For runners, it’s important to eat a diet slightly higher in carbohydrates than normal. These carbohydrates will fuel your training sessions so that you don’t burn out part of the way through a race or run.

Supplements also may help if you find it difficult to eat proper and healthy meals every day. Protein powder supplements will help you to increase your daily protein intake wich will support your muscle growth and also give you strength and stamina. Other supplements like post-workouts will provide faster recovery after workout or race competition. You can also look at other supplements called legal steroids and find out more about oral Anavar pills for example. This supplement will enhance your results even further.

Both supplements, diet and training rely on consistency. If you train well and eat well 80% of the time then the other 20% of the time won’t make a difference. It’s what you do every day that counts, not what you do occasionally.